One year ago, I started a journey, not quite knowing where it would lead. One year ago today, Big Orange Michael sprang onto the Internet. It's been quite a ride the past year--what started out as a way to take my mind of certain things going on in my life and focus on things outside myself has turned into something more. But yet, I still maintain my devotion to focus on all things related to the Big Orange of the University of Tennessee.
Over the past year, I've watched as some favorite TV shows left the airwaves, some new ones took their place and my all-time favorite show made a triumphant return. I've posted about things that make me happy, reflected on Christmas, dabbled a bit in current events and shared stories from my life. Oh yeah, and I also bragged a lot when the Vols won. (But then again what did you expect?!?)
Here's a look back at some of the highlights of the past year.April 2004The Big Orange Cliffhanger
- My first post, commenting on UT's annual spring game.The Things That Make You Feel Better
- My first of many posts about the joys of being Uncle Michael.May 2004
A Big Day
- Davis's adoption is finalized.An Evening with Phillip Gulley
- One of my favorite authors gives a reading at the local library.Getting carded at Wal-Mart
- Nothing like getting carded at Wal-Mart."And I said 'Go away, doggy!'"
- One of my favorite Gracelyn stories.June 2004I'm an offical member
- Big Orange Michael gets accepted into the Rocky Top BrigadeThoughts on Bruce Almighty What it was was slaugherball
- The movie DodgeBall casts my memory back to the game of slaughter ball.Walking to Memphis
- I introduce Davis to the world that is Doctor Who
..and he likes it!Scenes from a job fairJuly 2004
Spider-Man 2 Review
- After weeks of noting every bit of hype and review for Spider-Man 2,
I finally get to see it..and love it!Tickets to a Titans game
- How I won tickets a Titans game and traded up.The new Doctor Who starts filming
- And I slowly start to believe that just maybe we'll get new episodes.Forget Meet the Press
- Learn all about the way world was and should be at the barber shop.August 2004It Must Be Karma
- August was the month of naming one thing each day that made you happy. Well, this cover of FHM and the photos of our female Olympic athletes was very nice.Family Reunion
- My annual visit with my mom's side of the family.Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
- A temp job as Scooby Doo goes terribly wrong.Sorority House Massacre 2
- My long summary of a really bad movie.September 2004It's Football Time in Tennessee
- At long last, one of my favorite days ofthe year arrives. UT football season starts!Gather at the River
- Several of the youth at church get batptized by immersion.Just like the Amazing Race
- In which my looking younger than I am rears its head again.Going to the Titans game
- Using the tickets I won back in July to see the Titans lose to the Colts.Just another manic Monday
- One of my more interesting job "interviews"Adventures in marketing
- Another job" interview" story.October 2004A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch I Hope They're This Strict About Buying Alcohol
- The quest to find Tink a b'day present.Morgan Webb
- How can you not love her?The Final Debate
- Kerry vs Bush, round three.One year old
- Davis's first b'day.Tennessee 17, Alabama 14
- Nothing better than beating Bama.Channel Surfing
- I still have no clue what I watched that night.November 2004Titans vs Bengals
- At last, I go to a game the Titans win.UT vs Vandy
- In which I go to see my beloved Vols play and annoy Vandy fans all around me.You Can Always Tell What Time of Year It Is
- Post Thanksgiving guilt sends people to the Y.December 2004 Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- I remember being a helper for SantaAngels We Have Heard on High
- Gracelyn makes her stage debut as an angel.To Granddaddy's House We Go
- Celebrating my grandfather's 91st birthday.A Care Bear for Christmas
- The saga of Gracelyn's Care Bear.I'm Feeling Old
- You'll see why when you read it.January 2005Well, My Weekend is Planned
- Any time you can have a picture of a squirrel on water skis, you must take it.Happy Birthday to Me Customer Service Means...
- Is good customer service dead?Apparently I'm Going to Hel
l - Because I want to see the new Star Wars
movie.February 2005 Yes, But Can They Sing?
- A new crop of female country singers show off thier assetsMy Nephew Needs This Entire Toyline!
- Because Uncle Michael wants to help him play with them!The Good Old Days
- Making today one of the "good old" days.March 2005My Evil Plan Worked
- Finding a great b'day gift for Brainy Boy.Childhood Injury
- How I broke my arm.My New Job
- Apparently I moonlight as the Easter Bunny.Doctor Who: Rose
- The first of the new Doctor Who
stories reviewed.April 2005Should They Get to Play?
- Home school students want to participate in public school sports.The Tax Man Cometh
- Does anyone LIKE paying taxes?Throw It Over the Moon, Michael!
- Babysitting my niece and nephew.
posted by Unknown at 4/20/2005 07:52:00 AM