So, my blog is two years old this week (I think I missed the actual anniversary date, but thankfully my blog hasn't asked me to sleep on the couch). I didn't know I shared the same blog-versary week with so a couple of other local bloggers
One of the cool things about the whole blogging thing is that I can take a moment to look back on the past year. I skimmed my archives, glancing at posts in there about various things, remembering all the goods times I've had over the past year. It's been an interesting year. I read over 100 books, watched a lot of TV and suffered through the Vols' and Titans' seasons. On the good side, the Redskins did well in the regular season and playoffs and I'm hoping they take the next step under Joe Gibbs next year. And by next step, I mean Super Bowl win. (Here's hoping for my dream Super Bowl of Redskins vs Titans yet again).
I've met some new friends, caught up with some old freinds and just had another good year in the blog-sphere. So, here's to two great years and the anticipation of more to come.
Here are some of what I think are the highlights of the world that is Big Orange Michael from the past year. Enjoy!April 2005Special Occasions
- Wisdom gained from an estate auctionBoys and Their Toys
- Not my best written post, but the pictures are worth at least 2,000 words each.May 2005What does your e-mail address say about you?So how IS that going to work?
- First of a series
of popular posts about the "totally topless" carwash at Stephanie's Cabaret off 8th Ave in downtown Nashville.Unrequited
- A Fleming and John song and seeing someone who looked like a girl I knew in high school prompted this long post. And for those of you wondering, no Ryan Flynn is not an assumed name to talk about myself and embarrassing myself in front of my high school crush (though you could fill an entire blog with my experiences embarassing myself with women I've been romatically interested in or involved with....Barry
--remember when I "lost" Julia in Target or that whole incident at the church picnic?)To celebrate the start of summer
, I ran the (potentially) first-annual Big Orange Michael swimsuit edition
week. Oh and look, I found one that is orange
. How'd've figured?June 2005Winners and Losers
- What is the price of victory?
One thing that happened in 2005 was that I ventured out from the blog-verse to the real world, meeting people who I'd only known via their blogs. One of the first
was Becky, who visited the fair Metropolis of Nashville in June.Maturity is Overrated Anyway
- The opening round of the battle
to use The Gospel According to The Simpsons
as curriculum to senior high youth Sunday School.These goggles
are still cool and I still want some!July 2005Are They Listening?
- Be careful what you wish for....Top 11
- My top 11 sports moments. And since the Titans and Vols had subpar seasons this year, it looks fairly safe this list will stay the same..though the Redskins beating the snot out of Dallas on national TV at home was great.My name is Michael and I'm a book-a-holic
- Admitting the problem is the first step toward healing.Happy (belated) b'day Rebecca St. James
- one of my favorite posts from the past year.August 2005A Trip to the Zoo
- Part of the "Things that make you happy" month long meme challenge. And a follow-up podcast
about my nephew's reaction to not getting to go.Seinfeld vs Sex & The City
- Do the shows we watch speak to something deeper?A Plea
- Pastor Fred Phelps and his church members descend upon Smyrna to protest a soldier's funeral. I posted a couple
of times about it.September 2005It's 10 a.m.....do you know where your children are?
- Sunday School curriculum
battle, take two.Nashville Bloggers Luncheon
- Another putting faces with blogs, all while discussing politics.
There was a free blogger sneak-peek
. (Best movie of 2005, BTW) Of course, I went. And I reviewed it.October 2005Looking at cars
- What? They exaggerated claims to get me on the lot?!? Surely you jest!It had been far too long
- A trip to God's House (aka Neyland Stadium) to watch the greatest college football team in the universe play...ok, so we lost. But it was still good to go.Rules of tipping: Are there any hard and fast rules? Is common courtesy dead?Blogger Get TogetherNovember 2005
A series on my grandparents: Grandmother
and GrandpaLet's mock the fainter
- Funny, I thought nurses were supposed to be a little compassionate.Group dyamics
- I met LB, Amanda, Tiff and a whole bunch of other bloggers who attend church together to go see Harry Potter 4
.December 2005The power of Santa
- My niece worries about which list of Santa's lists she's on.A scary post
- Confronting scary episodes of TV shows from my childhoodElderly Man River
- A post about political correctness, drawing from an old epiosde of the Stan Freberg show radio program. Hear the episode here
.The day after...
- Ah, the interesting people you see at Wal-Mart.January 2006Middle Tennessee Bloggers Meet-Up
- My first meeting. Ahhh, the memories.Bless the Smyrna Library
- New Stephen King book early equals backsliding on my 12-step book addiction program.Sharing: It's not just for 3-year oldsFebruary 2006I'm a winner!
- I'm both romantic and frugal.Weighing in with my two cents...
- Does reading Harry Potter
mean you're going to hell?Fed up and frustrated March 2006Welcome to the futureSeeing Orange
- Well, what else did you expect from me?The book vs the movie
- Comparing Greg Iles' 24 Hours
to the movie version Trapped
. (Iles di the screenplay based on his novel).The power of prayerApril 2006Enjoy it while you can, kid
- My nephew flirts with waitresses...and it works. I need to have him give me some points, though I suspect being adorable and two years old helps a lot!
posted by Unknown at 4/21/2006 08:45:00 AM