It's that horrible Sunday in 2001 all over again....
I hate the Ravens. I despise them with a passion I only use for the Cowboys, the Gators and the Crimson Tide (and on occasion Georgia Bulldogs).
Here's what I hated about today's loss to them...
- The finality of it. Season over. We go home and they go on. I hate it that they get to go on.
- The terrible officiating. Dana on Twitter said that she'd chip in on the fine for Jeff Fisher to go off on them during his press conference. I'd throw in twenty bucks as well. I can't believe they didn't commit one personal foul. Sorry, they did. The refs were just turning a blind eye. And they gave them the game with that lack of a delay of game call on their final drive. And don't even get me started on the fact that Joe Flacco stepped on the end line in his own end zone when the Titans had them backed up.
- I hate that we left twelve points out there on the field at least. Three turnovers driving to score...it's enough to make me want to throw up.
- I hate that all the hard work we did is over. Every team but one ends the NFL season disappointed.
- I hate CBS's obvious bias against us. We're the number one seed and you send your number two crew. Thanks for the slap in the face, national media. I suppose I should just get used to it and stop bringing it up........naaaaaaaah!!!!!!
I'm sure in the next several days, I will slowly come to see the good things from this season. But for now, it's just too much like a punch in the gut to have lost.
I hope whoever the Ravens play next week beats the everlovin' crud out of them...
posted by Michael Hickerson at 1/10/2009 06:56:00 PM