Things that have made me happy during the last couple of weeks...
- Visiting my old church in Knoxville and seeing old friends. Sharing lunch with my best friends and catching up on each other's lives.
- Handbell practice has started again. I don't have confidence in my singing, so having this way to make a joyful noise and offer praise and worship that way is always wonderful. I enjoyed the few months off to rest and recharge, but I'm excited to be starting back again.
- Books coming in on reserve at the library. I know, it's kind of silly, but I love to read and there's just something cool about that book you've been anticipating coming in and going over to pick it up. Yes, I'm a book geek. I know it.
- The chance to see a part of history at Michael Phelps chalks up all kinds of Olympic records. It was exciting enough to pull me away from the Titans' pre-season game Friday evening. And if you couldn't get excited about how that race ended Friday night, you don't have a pulse...
- A few weeks ago, I ran into some old friends from Knoxville at the church I attend now. Justin and I were part of the Tuesday morning men's prayer group and he, his wife and I participated in First Place (a Christian diet resource) group together. I'd lost track of them and standing in the fellowship hall one morning, I saw a guy who looked just like Justin. Thankfully, he had on his nametag and it was him. It was a delight to see him and Leigh Ann again and even more a delight to hear about how their family had grown. At the time, they were expecting their second child. Yesterday, walking in, I saw Justin, beaming with fatherly pride at the opportunity for me to meet his new daughter. Getting to meet the new family addition and to see the proud and happy parents was just one of those moments you can't and wouldn't trade for anything...
Labels: August happiness challenge
posted by Michael Hickerson at 8/18/2008 02:24:00 PM