tagged me for this Christmas-themed meme. Here's how it works...
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."1. Wrapping or gift bags?For anyone but my niece and nephew, I prefer the gift bags. For those two, they love tearing the paper off present and how can Uncle Michael not spoil them?!? 2. Real or artificial tree?Allergic to real trees, so artificial. 3. When do you put up the tree?Usually around Thanksgiving weekend. 4. When do you take the tree down?After UT plays in their bowl game....5. Do you like egg nog?Like beer, I like good egg nog. I mean, if you're going to have some, it should be good, right?6. Favorite gift received as a child?I got an Atari 2600 back in the third grade. I used to play it for hours...esp. the Pac-Man for Atari that I save up my allowance to buy.7. Do you have a nativity scene?No, I don't...I need to get one.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?Well, a couple of years ago, I was taking part in a Dirty Santa thing at work. And someone literally cleaned out their stinkin' closet and gave me a Richard Simmons vinyl album. WORST...GIFT...EVER. Why you ask? Because half the fun of Dirty Santa is having things people will want to steal and the wackiness that ensues...at that point, it was game over for me. 9. Mail or email Christmas cards?A bit of both.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?There can be only one great Christmas movie--"Christmas Vacation."
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?I've been shopping since August. I tend to start looking around to find good gifts that I think people will like. 12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?Fruit-cake cookies. Or maybe sausage balls. Or maybe cookies....OK, I love just about all the food that comes out around Christmas. 13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?Colored. 14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?"Carol of the Bells" played by a handbell choir. 15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?Since my family lives close to me, I stay at home...
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And Rudolph. 17. Angel on the tree top or a star?Angel18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?My sister and I have exchanged our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve since she was born. Other than that, we open gifts on Christmas morning. 19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?The insane crowds at Wal-Mart....20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?I have ornaments for my favorite sports teams--UT, Redskins, Titans. I also have an extensive collection of Star Trek ornaments. 21. What do you leave for Santa?Cookies and milk. And a carrot for one of the other reindeer besides Rudolph. 22. Least favorite holiday song?None...I enjoy all of them. 23. Favorite ornament?New favorite: My niece made an angel for my tree this year with my favorite colors--orange and white. She picked the colors she knew Uncle Michael would like....24. Family tradition?Christmas Eve service together, my mom has an advent calendar that is a tree with ornaments that you put on one a day until Christmas.
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Even services?Yes, I have....to hear my brother-in-law sing.
Now, I'm supposed to tag some people to play. Well, it's pretty close to Christmas, so I won't tag anyone. But if you want to play, please do so.
posted by Unknown at 12/22/2007 04:54:00 PM