6:55 p.m. (CST)
- It's the second pre-season game of the year for the Titans and the first pre-season game of the year for Vince Young....well, that is assuming he stayed at the hotel like he was supposed to. I'm looking forward to seeing Vince in action this week...and heaven knows if there was something that last week's game showed, it's that we need him.6:58 p.m.
- Have I mentioned that I'd like to see the Titans beat the stuffing out of New England? I hate Bill Belachick. I'm still annoyed at his complete lack of class in the regular season finale last year. He's a classless jerk and I hope we beat, beat, beat them. Yes, I know, it's pre-season and it doesn't matter, but I want to wipe that self-confident smirk off his face. I think I despise Belachick as much as I hate Spurrier and the entire Cowboys organization.7:01 p.m.
Ohhhh...football in the rain! Gotta love that!7:06 p.m.
- We've won the toss....let's run it back for a TD right now.7:11 p.m.
- Vince slips on third and three....ugh! First series is three and out. Hmmmmmmm, not good.7:12 p.m.
- On defense now...we'll see if last week was a fluke or not.7:14 p.m.
- Brady picked off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run back for a touchdown by the defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT PATRIOTS!!!!!!!! Dear heavens, I need a life....this is just the pre-season. Good defensive play except for that penalty. But oh well...7:17 p.m
- Vanderbilt commercial for Nashville night....let me see--go to a Vandy game vs Richmond or watch THE college powerhouse team in the state play vs Cal on national TV....yeah, not really a choice there.7:22 p.m
. - Eddie George just predicts if our defense plays well, we can win 12 games....7:24 p.m.
- Brady has all week to throw and throws a TD. Our pass defense hasn't been so hot so far...7:28 p.m.
- Jeez...tons of commericals. No more than last year, I'm sure..I'd just forgot about many breaks for commercials there are in games.7:30 p.m.
- New drive on offense....and we fumble it away. Ugh! Looks like Ahmad Hall should be putting in his application with UPS.7: 35 p.m.
- And the Patriots just run it down our throats for a TD. Of course, we gave them a gift with our THIRD freakin' offsides penalty in our third defensive series.7:39 p.m
. - Good run back by Michael Griffin. Pac-Man who?7:42 p.m.
- Well, at least we moved the ball a little bit before we had to punt it away. On third-and-long as Vince started to run, anyone else feel a bit of panic in relation to the Madden curse?7:56 p.m.
- Long first quarter finally winds to a close. And the Titans have looked not so impressive. Defense has had some good plays, but given up a few too many big plays and made some mental mistakes. And the offense has looked stop and start.8:02 p.m.
- Second verse, same as the first....Big Albert Haynesworth is injured....8:08 p.m.
- Nice defensive stand there, esp. after we got screwed on a home-cooking pass interference call. I loved seeing Tom Brady whining about the Titans defenders being in his face...awwwwwwwwwwww, poor Tommy can't handle the rush. Waaaaaaaaaaaah....8:10 p.m.
- That Burger King commercial with the ballerinas is freaky...8:20 p.m
. - Another interception by the defense. Good job. And we follow it up with yet another mis-fire on offense.8:22 p.m.
- Vince gets hit hard by Rodney Harrison. Could somebody please think about blocking him next time?!?8:26 p.m.
- Backing up why I hate Belacick--he's still got Tom Brady in the game. I hope Brady gets sacked!8:37 p.m.
- And the offense sputters....again! I think Vanderbilt would look better than the Titans do right now....8:45 p.m.
- Huge play by Bo Scaffe making something out of nothing. All the way down inside the five....but Vince is at the 35 and down. Whew..he's back up.8:46 p.m.
- Chris Henry gets half-way to the end zone.....and now 2nd and 1...VY tries to sneak in...and gets no where. Titans forced to call timeout because the Pats are being punks...gee, who'd've figured?!?8:48 p.m.
- OH COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! A catch that should have been made! Ugh! Going for it on 4th down...8:49 p.m.
- And Vince is stopped at the goal line on 4th down!8: 51 p.m
. - 17-7 New England at the half. Good defensive effort in the first half. Outside of one great play on offense in the first half, we have done exactly nothing. Here's a bad stat for you folks--the Titans have gone six pre-season quarters without a touchdown. That is not good news.8: 52 p.m.
- Fisher says the defense isn't blitzing but getting the pressure on Brady. That is good news. And with halftime here and getting ready for massive substitutions, I am going to wrap-up the live blogging.8:54 p.m
. - OK, last post here for the evening...man, that orange creme-cicle shake from Hardee's looks really good....
posted by Michael Hickerson at 8/17/2007 06:56:00 PM