tagged me with a meme about our obsessions. It's pretty simply--just write about five things you obsess about.
If you're a regular reader, these five things shouldn't shock you too much.1. Doctor Who
- Fairly obvious as the number one choice and anyone who's been around me for more than ten minutes knows it. My favorite TV show of all-time and one I've taken a lot of interest in over the years. Thankfully the Internet came along so I can obsess about it with fellow fans rather than seeing the eyes glaze over of family and friends. 2. UT sports
- As I've said many times, I don't care if they're playing pick-up sticks against Florida or Bama, I will watch and I will want to win in the worst possible way. Football is probably the worst here as you can't get much better than game day for the Vols. That said, I love all things UT sports--women's basketball, men's basketball, baseball, softball, track, field, swimming, competitive underwater basket weaving...you get the idea.3. Star Trek
- Yes, I know two TV shows on the list. But you know, Trek
was my first love before I found Dr Who
. And I am fascinating by the original series, having seen all the eps many times and read all the behind the scenes books out there. I love the original novels that come out and read as many of them as interest me. And let us never forget I decided the time had come to take the plunge on that wacky new DVD format a few years ago when classic Trek
was coming to DVD. I'd wanted all the original 79 commerically released and that's what I've got...I am hoping to share this love with my niece and nephew.4. My family
- I am blessed to live within ten minutes of my immediate family. I am close enough to spoil my niece and nephew often and wouldn't trade that for anything. (Even now, when I've got strep throat from them...it's worth it). And to be near enough to my family to join them for dinner, catch a movie together or just help each other out when we need it is something that is a wonderful . It's an obsession, but I think this is a good one. Someone once told me that my neice and nephew are two of the most important people in the world to me--and they're right. They're two of several very important people in my life.5. Reading
- Books are the first and best form of virtual reality out there. I love getting lost in the pages of a good book and have a big pile of books to be read--not only literally, but a list in my head. I have a constant list of things on reserve at the library and I get positively giddy when a new novel by a favorite author comes out. I am still wondering how I missed that Stephen King had a new book coming out last week...I must be slipping in my old age.
I'm not going to tag anyone for this...but if you want to join in, please do.
posted by Unknown at 6/19/2007 07:32:00 PM