Becky over at April Fool
responded to a challenge thrown down by TAB (The Anoymous Blogger)
. Basically, you list ten things you like about yourself.
So, without any further adieu....
posted by Michael Hickerson at 4/28/2005 11:43:00 AM
- I am a good Uncle Michael
- I lost a lot of weight in 2001/2002 and have kept it off
- I realize that while Star Trek and Doctor Who are great TV shows that I enjoy watching, they can't take the place of having real world friends and relationships. And I would gladly choose spending time with a friend or family member over watching either one. Oh, I'd still tape them...let's not get nuts here.
- I have a good sense of humor.
- I enjoy writing
- For the most part, I'm pretty easy-going--with me, what you see if what you get. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not to impress anyone.
- I took a strengths test a while ago and found that four of my top five strengths are in the thinking category.
- I have a close relationship with my immediate family. I am also close to many of my cousins.
- I am a voracious reader. I love getting lost in a good book.
- I survived a difficult time in my life--when it would have been easy to sink into a pit of despair and returning cruelty with cruelty--with dignity, grace and without comprimising myself. I stood up for myself, but I did it in a Christian way, which is not always easy to do.