Final episodes of Survivor
run the gamut from really interesting to mind-achingly dull...and it's amazing how quickly that mood can shift. There have been some where two hours was waaaaaaaaaaay too much time to spend. I'm not sure where Survivor Vanuatu
ranks really in terms of finales. At least there was some question about who would vote for who and how it might all shake out.
A couple of random thoughts before we get to the final results. At the final TC, everyone is pissed off that Chris and Twila lied to them. Hello?!? This is a game that in order to get to the final two you're gonna have to lie to someone. I can see this be a stunning development in season one, but in the ninth season when you know every one of these players has seen a couple of episodes, it shouldn't be that huge of a shock, should it? Next up, I have to admit I was on the floor laughing at the latest attempt to make Jeff Probst and action hero. When he took the machete and started hacking through the jungle and then parachutes out of the plane....oh my word....this man needs some help. He is trying soooo hard to be Mr. Cool Action hero when he's not. I bet he tries to chat up Julie after the show--so, did you see me parachuting? If not, he can make an alliance with Eliza, if you know what I mean.
Finally, the "Survivor Death March" before the final immunity challenge. I just love the attitude of--well, this place is sure sacred to these people. Let's go stomp around it for the sake of good television. Sort of like last week's challenge on the Amazing Race
of let's go wander around a cemetary to find a clue.
OK, onto the results....
1. Will Eliza express her feelings about Chris voting for Julie?
2. Three or more or two or less: Number of times before the first tribal council that Chris mentions he's in the power seat?
Shockingly enough, none
3. Is the first Immunity Challenge a mental or physical challenge?
4. Who wins the first Immunity Challenge?
5. Who is the voted out at the first Tribal Council?
6. Will the Chris and Eliza alliance hold to get them both to the final three?
7. Will Scout and Twila's alliance hold to get them both to the final three?
8. Who wins the second immunity challenge?
9. Who is the last person voted out?
10. Upon returning to camp, will the final two wax nostalgically about their time on the island?
11. Who is the first member of the jury we see in a confessional?
We don't see any of them--instead we get clips from their exit interviews.
12. Who gets to make their case first at the final tribal council?
13. Who asks the first questions at the final tribal council?
14. Who goes last with a statement or questions at the final tribal council?
15. Who votes first in the final tribal council?
16. Who votes last in the final tribal council?
17. How will Jeff Probst leave the islands with the final votes? (as in, will he use a boat, lama, plane, etc.)
Machete through the jungle, leaves by plane.
18. How will Jeff Probst return to the studio with the final votes?
Parachutes to motorcycle and rides to studio.
19. Whose name is revealed first from the final vote?
20. Who wins Survivor Vanuatu?
21. During the reunion special, will Jeff Probst ask Julie about her nekkid sunbathing?
22. Who is the first torch the final two pass during the "Survivor Death March"?
23. Which voted out tribemate's torch will the final two pass last during the "Survivor Death March"?
24. Will there be a marriage proposal during the reunion special?
25. After the big winner, who is the first person Jeff Probst talks to at the reunion speical?
26. Whose audition tapes will see highlights of during the reunion special?
27. Will we get a preview for the next installment of Survivor?
28. Will the camp be destroyed before the final two Survivors leave it?
And now, to the final leaderboard...
Congratulations to Clayton! You are the official winner of Big Orange Survivor Magnolia
Thanks to everyone for playing. It was a lot of fun and I'll see y'all for the next installment, whenever it starts!
posted by Unknown at 12/13/2004 10:57:00 AM