This meme fit into my Christmas Challenge, so I borrowed it from Megan over at Divine Reality who stole it from Gina who took from The Mommy Blog, who stole it from Broken Fairy, and from Janet.
- Make a post to your weblog/journal. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all,big or small. The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your blogroll (or friend's blogrolls, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
- There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Season three of 24
2. Shrek 2
on DVD (widescreen)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakban
on DVD (widescreen)
4. A full-time, permanent job.
5. That Gracelyn and Davis have a wonderful Christmas.
6. Tennessee to win the SEC Championship
7. A parallel study Bible.
8. CD: Bethany Dillon
9. Lord of the Rings: Extended Editions
Box Set DVD
10. To not gain any weight over the holidays but still enjoy all the great food.
UPDATE: I created a Wish List over at Amazon
just for fun. Also, so I can keep up with the prices on the items I want in case they should go on sale!
posted by Michael Hickerson at 12/02/2004 09:49:00 AM