In the end, the great equalizer of airline flight schedules and reservations proves to be the difference in the race. Chip and Kim get confirmed seats on a flight while the other teams are left stuck on stand-by and eventually succumb to an FAA regulation that you can't check your bags on one airline and then hop over to another. Ah, you just have to love sweet karma when it comes up to bite Colin and Christie.
Anyway, some thoughts from the final legs of the Race
- Did anyone else think that climbing the 150-feet up the cliff-face seemed like a bit of an unfair advantage to those teams with a guy? I know that Karen tried her best, but in the end, she didn't have the same strength or endurance the other guys did, nor would many of the other female contestants who started the Race. Though I would've given money to see Charla try it...I mean, she lugged around a 55 pound side of beef. Up the side of a cliff--not really as big a deal, right?
- Nicole's meltdown on the snow bicycle course was just embarassing. You could almost see Brandon wondering how long after the show he'd have to stay with her before he can break-up with her. And let's face it--Nicole claimed to have grace under pressure--well, you sure fooled me. She was fine with things were calm but any small little stress comes along and she just loses it.
- Sure Colin and Christie hugged Chip and Kim, but can tell that he was thinking--I should've won, you jerk!
- Chip and Kim were just as ruthless and cutthroat as Colin and Christie in the last two episodes, if not more so. But they came across as far more likeable. I guess it's because we never saw Chip yelling at Kim for not making it up the mountain. They never got frustrated and just what they had to do to win the game.
- Seeing Jim and Marsha again at the end of the race, my first thought was still--that Marsha is cute.
Congratulations to Chip and Kim on winning this leg of the Race
. Certainly, this adventure made for some fun, exciting and entertaining viewing.
posted by Michael Hickerson at 9/22/2004 09:29:00 AM