A whole lot of Nashvillians and middle Tennessee people are taking part
in the new Thankful Thursday. Never one to miss a good bandwagon (and as of my posting, it's still Thursday, so technically I made it in, though just barely...), I figured I'd jump on and add a few things I'm thankful for...
- A safe trip to and from Knoxville last weekend.
- A reliable car to make it safely there and back.
- Time with family and friends in Knoxville. Though there wasn't enough time to see everyone I'd like to have seen...but there is always the next trip.
- The fact that Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica will be on the same night in a few weeks.
- Pre-season football. Sure Peyton Manning and company were done after one series tonight and the game got boring fast, but at least for the first few minutes it felt like real football.
- The terrorist plot today was thwarted before they could put their nefarious plan into motion.
- That it was Gracelyn's first day of "big girl" school. OK, so it was pre-school, but she was still excited and Uncle Michael was excited for her.
- My new house (it will be new to me for the next five years...).
- An e-mail from an old friend today.
So, that's my first entry for this week. It was quick and relatively painless. Hopefully, I can keep this up. Man, what a cool month August is-the start of Thankful Thursday and the Happiness Challenge. There is no reason at all I should get depressed...
posted by Michael Hickerson at 8/10/2006 09:39:00 PM